July is Mental Health Awareness Month.
We know that there are times when we are just not okay. Please know that it's normal and it's okay. We need to learn how to take care of ourselves, reach out to professionals if need be.
Tchiki Davis, Ph.D., states that It’s so important to make sure you take good care of your body, mind, and soul every day, not just when you get sick. Learning how to eat right, reduce stress, exercise regularly, and take a time-out when you need it are touchstones of self-care and can help you stay healthy, happy, and resilient.
Here are 12 ways to get started with your self-care.
1. Make sleep part of your self-care routine.
.2. Take care of yourself by taking care of your gut.
3. Exercise daily as part of your self-care routine.
4. Eat right for self-care.
5. Say no to others, and say yes to your self-care.
6. Take a self-care trip.
7. Take a self-care break by getting outside.
Spending time outside can help you reduce stress, lower your blood pressure, Getting outside can also help you sleep better at night, especially if you do some physical activity, like gardening, hiking, or walking while you are outside.
8. Let a pet help you with your self-care.
9. Take care of yourself by getting organized.
10. Cook at home to care for yourself.
11. Read a book on self-care for self-care.
12. Schedule your self-care time, and guard that time with everything you have.