You are not alone. Hang in there!
As we move into summer and outside activities, we are still encouraged to wear masks, wash hands and social distance. The social distance, perhaps, has been the hardest as we are a social person. We function in community settings. Consequently, it has caused feelings of isolation, depression and hopelessness. How do we cope?
1. Find activities that require few people such as join online groups that share your interest. These groups can be cooked, parenting groups, gardening, online yoga and meditation, etc.
2. Sharpen your writing skills to write a book, contribute articles to the opinion pages of the local paper.
3. Listen to a variety of music. Music to dance, to mediate, to exercise with, etc.
4. Call the sick and shout in your church community.
5. Connect with family and friends. Use Zoom, Skype, and other social media tools to talk with family groups.
6. Do a lot of self talk. Remind yourself that you are not alone. Hang in there!