Pitt County Family Development Corporation. Inc.
|Posted on April 22, 2021 at 10:30 AM|
By Leada Gore | [email protected]
• Today is Earth Day, a time set aside to celebrate the Earth and learn more about the environment.
• Here’s some more info on Earth Day:
• Earth Day was first recognized worldwide in 1990.
• In 2009, Earth Day was officially renamed by the UN to International Mother Earth Day.
• On Earth Day 2012, more than 100,000 people rode bikes in China to reduce CO2 emissions and save fuel.
• Organizers hope to plant 7.8 billion trees during this year’s Earth Day activities.
• Earth Day has its own flag. It features a picture of the Earth taken from the Apollo 17 spacecraft on its way to the Moon.
What are some Earth Day activities? You can make Earth Day every day by making small lifestyle choices with a huge impact. This could include:
• Avoiding plastic water bottles in favor of reusable water bottles.
• Opting for second-hand instead of buying new, like clothes, furniture, and toys.
• Supporting organizations with sustainable manufacturing practices like the makers of Quilted Northern Soft & Strong®, who use more sustainable manufacturing processes to save 30% more water and 30% more energy.*